CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby Grant is Here!



Grant Paul Duncan
On March 2nd 2011 Grant Paul Duncan was born. I was induced that morning and the delivery went so smoothly. Our perfect little boy was born 8 lbs 1 oz and 19 inches long. We named him after Taylor's grandpa and his middle name after his Dad. He looks so similar to Peyton when she was born, especially with their round little faces. We feel so blessed to bring another healthy baby into the world and remember again the miracle that it really is to have such a wonderful opportunity.

I went to the hospital at 7:30 AM being previously dialated to a 3 and 50% effaced, so we anticipated the day would not be too long. Things progressed a little slower than anticipated, but once ready I pushed for 15 minutes and he was here at 4:05 PM.
Both grandma's are proud to have a new grandson. My mom even made it for the delivery day. It is so nice to have her here and share this special time with her in addition to having an extra set of hands to help with everything.
Peyton is in heaven with her new baby brother! She adores him and constantly needs to know where he is. The first thing she says when she wakes up is "where's baby?" She says on a regular basis "I hold it." When we got home from the hospital Peyton went right over to her toys and put a toy on her baby brother's tummy. She makes sure he has his silky that matches hers all the time too.
My sensitive little girl was helping us change Grant's diaper shortly after we got home from the hospital and when he cried she began to sob saying "baby crying, baby sad!" (it was the first time she heard him cry)
She loves to give him kisses and cuddles! I have quickly realized that I can not leave Peyton out of my sight for even a minute though. Apparently she can climb into the crib! She tries to rock the bassinet, pick him up from the swing, and as mentioned before love him and give him cuddles as much as she can. She's a good helper and a great big sister. She climbs onto the changing table with every time I change Grant's diaper to help and tells him "it's okay baby, 'it's okay" whenever he cries. It is so sweet. I am so glad she is so excited about our new addition.
We are so excited about our new addition and thank Heavenly Father for the wonderful spirit that he is and for the privilege of being his parents.
Add Image

16 comments:

Kimberly

Oh he is so precious!!! I can't wait to meet him! Peyton looks like she's a great big sister, I knew she would be :) What a perfect little family! Congrats!

Kimberly

PS. How do you look so great after being in labor all day?? Seriously, you look great! Such cute pictures!

Michelle

So cute! I'm so glad that I found your blog so I can stay up on your life! Your mom looks so great! And it's so cute that Peyton is so excited and not experiencing any of the "I'm the baby" issues!

Anonymous

Ah! Congrats! Now you have to bring him to Orem so I can meet him :)

Haley and Mitch

Oh my! Those photos are darling! Cute little family!! Congratulations. I am so glad the delivery was a smooth one. And as always, you look FABULOUS!!

Erin

Congratulations!!! Such a beautiful boy and a beautiful family. I am so happy for you:)

Cheryl

Oh we wish we were there to share our kisses just like Peyton. They are both darling and way to snag that darling shot of the 2 of them in the rocking chair. I can't wait to share this post with the girls tomorrow but know it will bring some tears as well. Know that you and your family are loved and the girls talk about u all daily. congrats and I am so glad everything went so well. I love you sis!

Cheryl
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny

Congrats! He is adorable.

emily

ohh yay!!!!!!! i adore the pic of peyton with her new baby brother!!! She looks very proud. I am so happy for you guys!!!! Hope all is well! :0)

Katie Wiens

Laura he is darling both of your kids are darling!!! you guys look soo happy and cute congrats!!!!

Jody

Laura, he is absolutely adorable! And so is sweet Peyton!!! We miss y'all tons... I'm so sad we are so far away now ( or u know I'd b takin weekend trips to your place) :-) two kids is so fun, I think it's actually easier than just one! Love ya girl! Congrats!

Emily

CONGRATULATIONS, MY DEAR FRIENDS!

Emily

Taylor, Laura, Peton, and Grant,

How sincerely we share in your joy at this remarkable time in your lives!

When we looked at Baby Grant's pictures for the first time, we thought how much his little mouth looks like the man for whom he is named, Papa Ace. Dad is so honored to have your beautiful little son named after him. He beams from ear to ear when we talk about it with him.

We anxiously look forward to meeting Baby Grant, and seeing dear Petyon and both of you again soon.

With much love and warmest congratulations,
Larry, Terri, and Emily

The Hansens

Oh Laura he is SO handsome and precious! You guys make the cutest babies! He does remind me a lot of Peyton when she was a baby. His round little face and perfect nose are just adorable. And yes I love that our kids could all marry eachother- especially Grant and Hallie since they share birthdays...Hey Tanner and Marissa share their birthdays:) also I love that Brian and Taylor have had everything big in their lives happen on the same day or near eachother..their mission farewells, proposals to us, wedding day, and now baby #2. So funny I love it. Sorry this was a novel I just need to call you...

Kelly Evanson

congratss!! you look great!! how fun to have second cousins so close.