CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Travels to Texas

Taylor had an agricultural training conference in Austin for a week so Peyton and I decided, since we don't like being alone and didn't want to miss out on an opportunity for fun and visiting family we would tag along. We spent a few nights at a beautiful hotel in Austin with Taylor and then Peyton and I went to Dallas to visit my brother and his family. Taylor joined us there a few days later when his conference was over. The trip was so fun. I am so grateful we got to see Kevin (my brother) and Halli (my sister-in-law) and their darling children. They hadn't met Peyton yet, so it was a definite treat.
The kids enjoyed playing together in the play room. Peyton was in heaven, between having tons of new toys to play with and her cousins giving her lots of loves and attention.
Bath time with cousins, Saylor and Gracie! Check out those cute girls!
Kevin and Halli showed us a good "Texas" time in down town Fort Worth, which is where you can't find too many people not dressed in their cowboy hats and boots. We had some good steak at a fun restaurant in the stock yards and got to see where the big rodeos take place.
Kevin and Halli have an awesome connection to an indoor water park at a Hotel right near their house. It was a blast. Big slides, a wave pool, a lazy river, a kiddie area with more water slides, hot tubs ... very cool place!

As most trips have a few bumps to throw in with all the fun, one of our bumps happened to be Peyton getting pink eye. Although she looked like a little pirate or that she had gotten punched in the eye, she still was a smiley baby! Easton and Saylor were a little confused by her puffy eye. Saylor was determined that Peyton had tape on her eye. Apparently goopy eyelashes look like tape. Fortunately after a few doses of medicine, Peyton's eye cleared up.
On Sunday, we went for a walk to the lake that is only a few minutes from my brother's house. I couldn't get over the fact that I was in short sleeves and feeling great in January. It was heavenly having temperatures above 60!
Daddy's with their little girls. Can't get a much better picture.
I realize I am a little prideful, but I continue to come to the conclusion that I have darling nieces and nephews and I love spending time with them!
Thanks Kev and Halli for such a great week. It was so fun shopping and getting amazing deals, spending time with the kids, going to neat places, playing the Wii with Easton and you until all hours in the night, catching up, and being together!


The first night we were in Texas, Peyton said good-bye to her army crawl/scoot and graduated to the real deal!


8 comments:

Haley and Mitch

Look at that girl crawling all over! So fun!
Looks like a great trip.

Cheryl

Are we always going to be so jealous of each others trips!? Looks like you had a blast. We all know how fun it is to be with family! I'm excited to see pictures from your shopping spree! I can't believe poor Peyton's eye and am glad it cleared up.

Emily Holden

What fun pictures! Peyton is getting so big! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip!

The Hansens

Oh so fun that you got to visit them! And horray that she is crawling! Go Peyton!

Kelly Evanson

loved all your updates. how fun to visit kevin and for cheryl to come too. it is so fun to have family visit when you live far away from everyone!! can't believe peyton is crawling. that changes everything for you!! ty isn't even close so i better get lots done now!!

Penny

How did y'all like Austin? Mike always says if we move to Texas (which I don't think will ever happen) he would only live in Austin! Looks like y'all had a good time.

Brittany and Everett

Cute Blog! I'm glad we finally caved and started one. It will be fun to keep in touch this way!
Your trip looks like it was super fun! Everett just got invited for an interview at the University of Texas so we might do a little trip there... He also was just told that he's been accepted to BYU's Marriott program so we'll probably go there, but we just want to see all our options. Decisions! Anyway you look beautiful and happy!

Zack Oates

haha! hey laura! while you cannot count my blog as "spiritual," i think i can count yours as "something missing."

you already have ur whole fam and what not...i'm still working on getting a second date.

good work.