CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Florida Vacation

Taylor, Peyton and I went on a vacation to my family's condo in West Palm Beach, Florida. We spent the first few days just the 3 of us and then my parents joined us for a few days. It was a perfect week and a much desired get-away. The sunshine, the beach, the pool, spending quality time with Taylor and Peyton, watching Taylor with our little girl, having my parents there and watching them with our little girl, watching my Dad teach Taylor how to body surf, driving around the gorgeous areas by our condo, the fun foods and smoothies, the jogs on the beach with my Dad ... it was my little paradise.
Peyton loved the beach and wasn't scared by anything. She loved carrying around a shovel and digging in the sand, sitting in the ocean where the waves come up on the beach, walking in the sand, and getting thrown in the air by Daddy.
Peyton warmed right up to her Grandma and Grandpa. They became good friends and had some great quality time together. I am thankful for their help while they were there, especially Grandma's and all the spoiling presents she gave Peyton.
Peyton couldn't deal with her sun-hat on her head, but she thought she was pretty cool with her sunglasses at times. She was being so cute posing and hanging out by the pool on her very own big chair.
More than actually being in the pool, Peyton was found playing with the fountains and the rocks by the pool. She was very entertained!
Peyton enjoyed "dunking" Daddy and playing "ring around the rosy" with mommy in the pool. She is doing really well with the water and it is so fun to swim with her.
The sun, the Benedryl for Peyton's allergic reactions to sunscreen, and the short nights left Peyton tuckered out. She fell asleep on Taylor's shoulder in the pool more than once. It was a tender moment as a mom to see my husband hold his sleeping baby in the pool.
Peyton flipped the switch and has become Daddy's little princess. She cries when Daddy leaves and often wants him to hold her. It is so sweet. The timing worked out quite nice as they were able to enjoy lots of time together on our family trip.
Our trips to Florida always include fun restaurants. Here we are at Cheesecake Factory where Peyton once again enjoyed the fountains.
We made friends with one of the workers out by the pool at the Ritz Carleton thanks to my Dad. He was so nice to give Peyton her own fruit platter more then once for free. Peyton ate the whole bowl and was in heaven.

We took the opportunity to snap a few updated family shots. Peyton is at such an adorable age. She is learning new things and gaining more personality every day.

I am so grateful my parents made such an effort and pulled off joining us in Florida. It added so much to the trip. I love having them around.
I love my parents and am so grateful for them. I am so thankful Taylor has a good relationship with them too. Our trip fell over Father's Day and I must say how very blessed I am to have such an amazing Dad and husband who is such a wonderful Dad to Peyton.

10 comments:

J Hayley B

You cut your hair! Love it! Also - love Peyton's shots with the sunglasses. They are too cute. Miss ya friend!

Kyler and Hillary

Laura - this does look like Paradise! What fun for you guys! Peyton is oh so cute! I love all your pictures :)

Ashley

You have such a beautiful family! I loved all the pictures. Peyton is so cute. And I love your swim suits too!

Kimberly

You got some really great pictures!! It definitely looks like paradise!! I can tell you guys had a great trip. I love the pictures of Peyton on her 'big' chair & her sunglasses. Too cute, you can totally see her little personality in them. I love your new family pictures as well, Peyton looks absolutely darling in that little dress :)

Penny

Looks like such a fun trip. Love the pictures!

Haley and Mitch

Look how blonde that girl is! She is darling! And Laura, you look fabulous - seriously. Looks like a great trip! We are sad we missed you guys the last time you were down!

Cheryl

I'm so glad you now have had the chance to create memories their with your child too. Kinda crazy and cool that we can place several different grankids in a ton of those shots and get almost the same result or picture them all doing similar things...that place is filled with so many amazing memories. i love florida and can't wait to go again soon with ya. With how darling Peyton looks in several of the pictures it is a good thing I will be able to squeeze her in just a couple days. she better warm up to me just like g'ma and g'pa. looks like an awesome trip and I can't get over Peyton in her sunglasses. glad the bathing suit and watershoes worked out :}

The Hansens

Wow! That does sound and look like a little paradise! Im so so glad you guys could take that trip to spend with each other and your parents. Those little sleeping pics of Peyton with Tay are adorable! You look so beautiful in those pics too Laura!

Emily Holden

What cute pictures! I'm so glad you were able to get away and play with your family. You're little Peyton is growing up so fast I can't believe it.

The McArthur Family

Such sweet family pictures!