Stopping to embrace the special mommy moments is something I am sure you have to continually remind yourself to do. Put away the clock and your own agenda or tiredness and simply enjoy the mommy moments that you really can't describe to anyone to the full extent of how special they really are. Peyton is showing off her personality on a daily basis more and more. Her little facial expressions are priceless. She is crawling everywhere and pulling herself to a stand. I am trying to soak it all in because she is changing so fast and I don't want to forget or miss anything. She is such a good baby, but has made me definitely wonder what to do differently with a future child in the sleep department on quite a few occasions. I've tried the routine thing since 2 months of age, tried to be tough and let her cry, cry, and cry until she finally gives in, tried rocking, nursing, singing, and patting, but sometimes that all doesn't work. The other night after I had tried various things and after she had been crying for quite some time, I picked her up at midnight and she allowed me to have one of those special moments. I rocked her in her rocking chair for about 30 minutes, which she usually fights. I was jealous Taylor was in bed, my patience was a little shot not sure what else to do to get Peyton to go to sleep, and I was tired. But all that went away in a heart beat as I held and cuddled my little girl, loving every minute of it.Thursday, February 18, 2010
Peyton and Mommy Moments
Stopping to embrace the special mommy moments is something I am sure you have to continually remind yourself to do. Put away the clock and your own agenda or tiredness and simply enjoy the mommy moments that you really can't describe to anyone to the full extent of how special they really are. Peyton is showing off her personality on a daily basis more and more. Her little facial expressions are priceless. She is crawling everywhere and pulling herself to a stand. I am trying to soak it all in because she is changing so fast and I don't want to forget or miss anything. She is such a good baby, but has made me definitely wonder what to do differently with a future child in the sleep department on quite a few occasions. I've tried the routine thing since 2 months of age, tried to be tough and let her cry, cry, and cry until she finally gives in, tried rocking, nursing, singing, and patting, but sometimes that all doesn't work. The other night after I had tried various things and after she had been crying for quite some time, I picked her up at midnight and she allowed me to have one of those special moments. I rocked her in her rocking chair for about 30 minutes, which she usually fights. I was jealous Taylor was in bed, my patience was a little shot not sure what else to do to get Peyton to go to sleep, and I was tired. But all that went away in a heart beat as I held and cuddled my little girl, loving every minute of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Oh how wonderful those mommy moments are! Bowen is the same way with sleep.. some nights are great but others are not. It is a good reminder to just take in those moments too even though we are tired. You are such a great mom laura!
Post a Comment