When I was a little girl, dreams of my future and the fairy tale life that I would be living with my prince charming did not include the following visions. Although different than I may have imagined, my life here in Idaho is good and it really does offer wonderful opportunities that broaden my perspective! I may not fully appreciate the unique experiences that exist at my fingertips, but I do love watching my daughter embrace them and they are sure fun to share with family or visitors when they come to visit.
Some people may go to a Petting Zoo, but we just go to Daddy's work and get to pet new baby cows. These cows are a few hours old. When my brother's family came for the baby blessing we of course took the boys out to the farm for some fun. Here Peyton is with her cousins. She was even brave enough to pet a cow this visit.
While some children learn about how baby animals are born in books or at school, Peyton at age 2 got a front row seat to see the actual delivery of a cow. This is when her cousins were here so she got to share this experience with them. For the next week or so, before bed she would talk about the cow experience "they pull cow out ... cow sleeping" (the baby cow was asleep when he came out). I gotta say, having recently gone through the delivery process myself and watching this poor cow, I am sure glad to be on the other side (not seeing this angle of the delivery) and I am grateful for epidurals!
People seek thrilling rides at amusement parks or go for joy rides in their cars, but here in Idaho tractor rides are pretty exciting. Taylor, Peyton and I found many Saturday family activities this winter including a tractor ride. Peyton loved getting to drive on Daddy's lap and honk the horn.
You may see cattle being driven from one place to another in a movie, but occasionally when I look out my front window this is what I see. These are the moments that reaffirm to me that I really do live on a farm. Once again, Peyton loved it. She thought the many cows and horses were pretty cool to look at. My mom, since she was here helping me with the new baby, and I got a good laugh.
Idaho life, although different forms of entertainment exist, it is still very entertaining and enlightening as you can see.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the post. Oh Idaho IS a wonderful place! I am jealous of the things you get to do and see everyday, being married to a farmer. Just enjoy it:)
thanks for the laugh!...and I never knew i'd be visiting my sister living in ID either but hey we love all that ID has to offer!
seriously looked at the cow pic for 10 min. trying to figure out what is was... oh my!
oh my goodness, i will never be the same after seeing that cow delivery picture...i am such a city girl, never knew they pull them out with chains!
i enjoyed your post. it sounds like a different way of life, but it sounds cool!
Post a Comment