Check out my new stroller! My "miracle" mom pulled off getting us a new jogging stroller and an umbrella stroller that are both very good looking for great prices. They are both in awesome shape and I am super excited. Thanks Mom for all your efforts! You truly are amazing!
The first Saturday I was in NJ, my Dad and I ran a 5k. We started running 5k's together when I was in High School so it has become one of our special bonds. Although I basically ran cold turkey, I made it and enjoyed being there with and being beat by my Dad! Following the race we walked down the street from my house to Bottle Hill Day which is where crafters come and sell things and there is a live band and fun foods. It was fun to relive some memories of the many times I went there growing up in Madison.
We were so fortunate to have such a beautiful beach day in October. It was 70 and sunny! We had sub sandwiches, walked to the pier where the boats come in, walked on the boardwalk, played ski-ball (a family tradition), sat on the beach, and played bochi ball. It was so fun to spend some time with just my parents and see them interact with their newest grandchild. They both do a great job with her and I loved watching them light up while holding her or playing games with her.
VirginiaMy Dad was supportive and watched Heather while my Mom and I went to Virginia to visit my sister and her family.
Peyton being around her cousins made me realize she needs to live closer to them or have a sibling to play with. She wanted to be a big girl sitting up in the tub, splashing and playing with toys with her cousins. Kylee was awesome to help her. It was sure cute to watch the three of them.
Naturally being with my mom and sister we had a shopping day. At the mall there was a small merry-go-round. Lexi ran to it and kissed the horse of her choice in excitement. Peyton, although not sure what she was doing, joined her cousin holding onto the pole perfectly and enjoyed the ride.
Making my trip more well rounded, we had a history day touring Thomas Jefferson's house and learning about his life and all he accomplished. It was quite interesting and the grounds were beautiful. I almost forgot how gorgeous the Falls are back east with all the trees changing color.
We joined Kylee on her Kindergarden field trip to a little farm. I guess we were missing home. This farm had a pumpkin patch, a straw maze, an apple orchard, hay rides, and animals to feed so it was a little more entertaining. We used our freshly picked apples to make apple crisp - mmmmm it was good!
We went to a park by Cheryl and Skylar's house and let the kiddos play on the playground. Every time Kylee or Lexi came near Peyton on the swing she starting giggling. It was darling! Grandma couldn't get enough of Peyton's sweet cuddles. Fortunately we captured a cute shot of them having a moment.
Peyton loved being with her cousins. She watched every move they made, giggled and smiled when they came near, and so enjoyed playing with them, dancing with them, and having them make her smile. My trip to New Jersey and Virginia was definitely memorable. I love my family and so appreciated Taylor supporting me in leaving him for so long to visit them. I loved getting to watch my family interact with and love my little girl. We had so much fun. We had a great balance to the trip. We even pulled off a pampering night where my Mom and Cheryl and I got massages and went to a nice dinner. Thanks so much Mom and Dad and Cheryl and Skylar for all you did to make our trip a success.
4 comments:
what a fun and eventful time. I bet it was hard to leave your family! I am so glad you got to go back to visit. And I am looking forward to seeing you for our partay! And I miss little peyton!
I totally envy your trip. Looks like fun. Peyton is adorable and you look fabulous, Laura.
I LOVE trip summaries...especially when they involve ME! It sure was a great time and you both are dearly missed...our basement just isn't the same and Lexi no longer wants to wear the bib that she shared with Peyton. I think she has concluded it is just for babies! Great shots, great memories and one would never know Peyton got sick or ever had a runny nose. I miss that girl and want to give her a squeeze so bad. We are in countdown mode for x-mas. Oh, and for anyone reading this I do occasionally do my girls hair but it just can't compete with Peyton's darling bows for each outfit...how long will this keep up over the years is the true question?!?!?!?
I am soooo very glad I got to see you and visit for a little while on your trip. You look wonderful and Peyton is such a beautiful little girl. Be sure to tell Taylor hello for me!
Post a Comment