CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life Is GOOD!

Our house before we moved in. Notice the mauve carpet and pink walls to match.
New carpet throughout the house!
After much time, energy, effort, and work our house is looking awesome! The big projects are mostly done thanks to my dear husband. He not only de-wallpapered and texturized our previously pink walls, but he also pulled up the carpet in the entire house, and installed our hard wood floor in our kitchen. It was a much bigger project than we anticipated, but we are learning lots of good things. Our carpet and floor look sooo good and I am sooo thankful to Taylor for all his hard work and putting up with my nagging.
Check out that floor!

Fortunately they don't look too similar! If anyone was still worried that I married a husband who wears overalls and a straw hat, rest assured jeans and T-shirts are his daily attire. Taylor is done with Harvest! We survived and are HAPPY!

A few things I have learned:
1. Farmers work beyond HARD: 15 hour days of manual labor and nitty gritty work (I wouldn't last more than a few days, if that)
2. My laundry has more than doubled because besides having a baby, my husband's attire as you see above is not exactly business casual and he gets awful dirty
3. I am kind of needy! I missed having Taylor around so much. It was hard and lonely. (Thank goodness I went away for half of it)
4. Taylor has an amazing attitude. No matter how many challenges he ran into during the day, he doesn't complain and just gets the jobs done.
5. There are a ton, I mean a ton of potatoes and sugar beats. The truck loads just kept coming.

I have a lot to still learn, but Taylor is an amazing worker. I am so grateful he loves his job and is good at it. I am grateful for normal hours now!!!! It is nice to see him more and watch him enjoy time with his daughter.

8 comments:

Haley and Mitch

WAHOO - I'm loveing your house! Fantastic work. Seriously, I'm getting a little jealous. Maybe in 5 years we'll be able to get our own pink house. I totally miss you guys. I've been getting a little Duncan craving lately. I'm glad to see you've been doing well.

skylar alsop

The house looks awesome and i can't wait to see it in person! The up side to Harvest in my opinion is maybe I'll get to see you more...I'm thinking a traditional visit every harvest!

skylar alsop

oops, I just realized I'm signed in under sky's name...u know that comment really came from me but I'm sure he agrees with everything I said :)

Whitney Jackson

Wow I never knew Taylor was so handy!! I am very impressed, that looks great you guys!!

Kyler and Hillary

Your house looks fabulouso! I hope we get to see it sometime! :) And I love you two...I mean THREE! but what a happy family and I bet you guys really are relieved to be done with HARVEST. yipee!

Wendle

Hooray for the house looking so homey!

J Hayley B

Yay! Looks fabulous La! That wood floor looks so much better. I will be duplicating your post next week with before and afters of my nyc crashpad.

Kimberly

I forgot that there was MAUVE ... and carpet in the kitchen! Looks beautiful Laura! Even better in person ...