It has taken me forever to get back into the swing of blogging, but I did want to catch up on our fabulous holiday. Christmas is such a fun holiday. We didn't get a lot of great pictures of Peyton in her Christmas dress when we were back east, so these are from when we got back, but the rest of the trip documents our trip.
We spent Christmas in Charlottesville, VA at my sister's house. My parents and younger sister joined us there too. We had a wonderful break and are so grateful for the opportunity we had to spend the holiday with family and create such fun memories. Peyton had a sweet reunion with her cousins and literally couldn't get enough time with Kylee and Lexi. They were a darling trio the whole two weeks we were there.
Peyton and Aunt Cheryl. Thank you Cheryl for all your hard work to entertain us over the holidays and for being so cute with my little girl.
Christmas eve the girls got bundled up and went outside to spread out food for the reindeer. Peyton, although wasn't exactly sure what she was doing, followed in her cousins footsteps with excitement dumping her baggie of reindeer food in the grass.
Peyton enjoyed unwrapping her presents and was entertained by her gifts. She was spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa especially. She was in her own little world, content playing with her new toys or Kylee and Lexi's toys that were already in the play room. She was cute though and it was so fun to watch her.
We enjoyed our time hanging out at Cheryl and Skylar's house having quality time together. Dance parties, dress-ups, playing with countless new toys, playing play-do and much more kept Peyton and us happy.
Christmas Night Virgina Beach got hit with a snow storm. We got about a foot of snow, which is unheard of there. Once again the kids had a blast. Kylee pushed Peyton on a little bike while Peyton squealed in delight.
Sleds were no where to be found in the stores, so we used boogie boards (only in Virginia Beach) Stores and even fast food places were closed more than 24 hours after the storm and roads were not cleared for days. It was kind of comical.
Snow on the beach was definitely not something any of us have seen much before. Peyton was ready to run into the ocean and chased the seagulls around. She didn't seem to be phased by the colder temperatures and was ready to recreate the Florida beach memories with her cousins.
Have I mentioned how darling these girls were together! It melted my heart to watch Peyton have so much fun with her cousins. I so wish they lived closer so we could do it more often.
Grandpa and his girls!We had an awesome trip back east and are grateful for all Cheryl and Skylar and my parents efforts. We had wonderful food, lots of fun games, some great day trips and good relaxation time. We are so grateful for the wonderful relationships with have with family and the special Holiday that Christmas is.


5 comments:
I love the Giants shout out from Fred. Classic. The pics are so cute! I only wish you guys had spent it in Jersey so I could have seen you!
You guys were busy! Sorry we missed your call.. we didn't get it until the next day. I can't get over how cute that Peyton is. And you do NOT look 7 months pregnant. I was trying to find a photo that showed your belly and there is none. Hope you are feeling ok. We miss you guys. We need to play our new game with you... :)
Wow!!!! you did it! Way to log the trip...now can I just cut and paste:) This post makes me feel like we fit a ton in but hey I guess we did. You are welcome anytime and we are sooooo glad you came. Thanks for the awesome memories and providing such great entertainment over the holiday.
Such cute pictures!! Looks like you guys had a ball! And if I haven't told you recently, you look awesome! Seriously! I'm glad you guys are back & can't wait for your little boy to arrive! We're going to have so much fun!
just love the pyramid picture. adorable. and how fun to be with family for christmas.
Post a Comment