CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hockenjos Family Reunion


Not a bad place to spend a week of your summer, especially with a bunch of people you love. We had a Hockenjos family reunion at my Dad's friend's house in Long Beach Island, which is about 2 hours from where I grew up. The beach is literally the backyard of this house. It is beautiful inside and out. With cousins, fun food, the beach, the ocean, toys from Grandma, tennis, the park, and much more the week was never dull and we had a terrific time. 

On Sunday we climbed up the lighthouse a few miles away from the house, something I did growing up a few times. It is beautiful and a great Sunday activity.
Peyton had no fears of the ocean. She would just run right in and absolutely loved it. We had to watch her close. She was constant smiles and laughs as you can tell from her facial expressions.





Check out these beach babes/studs! To say the least, I think the kids enjoyed themselves!








 There is nothing quite like family and cousins. I loved watching the kids interact with each other. They all got along so well and acted like best buds. The older cousins were helpful with Peyton and Grant and the younger ones loved playing together. 
Grant was a good boy. He traveled well for the most part and really did great on the trip. He didn't love the beach yet, but I couldn't really expect him too as it was hot and breezy and the water was a bit too cold for him. Another reason, why having the house right on the beach was so nice because I was able to go in to feed him and he was able to stay inside with someone to take naps or just be out of the sun. He was loved though being the only baby and newest member of the family.
Building sand castles, jumping waves, boogie boarding, and floating in the ocean, I don't think could get old. I am a beach girl though!





While we carried on the tradition of our family tennis tournament, the kids enjoyed the park right next to the courts.
 
In the evenings we would go down to the beach and throw the football, dig in the sand, or just chill out. It was sure peaceful. 
Seaweed wars, dancing on the hot tub on the roof while watching the sunset, bath time, playing with Cheryl and Skylar's dog, walking to Rita's (an ice cream store), and even playing in "box boats" were other activities that were so much fun. Peyton was found stripping her swimsuit off a few times which her cousins thought was pretty humorous. Apparently if feels better to not have a wet, sandy swimsuit on so she took matters into her own hands.




Grandma had some great bonding time with her newest grandson and I was super grateful!





All the female cousins! They are all beautiful girls with an awesome bond already. They love each other and had so much fun together playing dolls, games, swimming, playing in the sand and at the park, eating together... whatever it was it was more fun to do with there cousins right along side them.

These cute girls even all had "Tangled" nightgowns. Peyton was pretty sleepy as the picture shows.
We joined my dad in a few runs while on the trip. The girls and Pops and we had to keep up with him! He is amazing. I aspire to still be running when I am his age. Taylor and him even ran to the lighthouse - 7 miles!

We pulled off a few family pictures on the last night.

My Mom put together a family home evening for us even. It was perfect as she explained how our family tree worked, how we are all a part of it, and how we keep growing together. The kids all enjoyed putting their leaf on the tree. Way to go Grandma and Grandpa! What a perfect week of fantastic memories! The reunion was a definite highlight of the summer and I am so glad we pulled it off. Nothing like FAMILY!

2 comments:

Cheryl

great job documenting the reunion...you did it! My post will probably come in December at the rate I am going! It was an awesome time with everyone and I wish it happened more often...I am already ready for another one.

Kimberly

seriously, what an awesome vacation! I love, love all the beach pictures ... so fun! I'm glad you were able to pull off a reunion, you're right, there's nothing like family! ((and not a shabby place for a reunion from the looks of it! :))