
Family visits and trips were definite highlights of our summer! Fortunately, when we were in town without visitors Peyton and I had some fabulous play dates to keep us happily entertained throughout the summer as well. A few of our friends have horses and were kind enough to allow our little kids an opportunity to ride them.

The Idaho winds were active this particular morning, but we succeeded on giving all the kids a chance to ride a horse. Thanks to Whitney and Courtney for all their help to make this possible. It was sure a fun day!


Peyton loves horses. In fact that was one of her first words other than (mommy, daddy, ball...). Every time we pass by a horse on a car ride or when we are out on a walk she is sure to let me know.


I was excited to see Peyton's reaction, not sure if she would be scared to actually ride such a big animal. She enjoyed it though as long as she was on the horse with me.

We tried varying up our weekly play dates throughout the summer. This particular day we played outside my house with our mini pool, a bubble machine, and homemade ice cream! Thanks Kim for the homemade ice cream! The kids have developed a real bond and have a great time together no matter what we are doing.

We also went to the Rupert Fair! I got an education on how the whole showing of animals goes. I still am not sure what they judge a pig or sheep or chicken on, but apparently children bring their well trained and groomed animal, it gets judged and they get awards. It was pretty amazing to see such clean pigs and cows. The kids loved looking at all the animals!

Peyton was happy, but a little timid about her first experience petting a horse.

We watched part of the horse show while we were at the fair as well.

We spent many summer days at parks around the town.

We also went to a friend's house to swim outside.

Peyton loved this little slide that went into the pool. She doesn't have many fears and is becoming quite the fish. She loves the water! Peyton and I are so blessed to have so many awesome friends and to already have a lot of wonderful memories with them.
4 comments:
La - that last dress is absolutely darling! I love it! Can't wait to see you!
What a fun summer! She is so adorable. I love the horse picture!
Oh she is such a little cheeser! She is already so dang cute and then you always have her in such darling outfits. I'm glad the brown shirt/dress worked. Man, you've got a great group of little kiddos to play with and this time I'm the one jealous. I love the post and can't wait to see you guys again soon.
I love all the pics! What a fun summer and so sad that it has come to an end. You gals really know how to do play dates!
Post a Comment