CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Spudman - Our Annual Triathlon!

Our crazy month of July was finished off with the annual Spudman event. I was happy to accomplish the triathlon for my 2nd time, joined by my Dad who completed it for his 3rd time, and Paul, Megan, and Taylor who did it as a team. It was great to have Paul join in the fabulous event. He has become quite the biker. Kelly, on the end of the picture, is Megan's roommate and friend and she continues to inspire us all with her biking and running accomplishments.
I can't say that I will be in a triathlon when I am my Dad's age. It is quite impressive that he flies out to Idaho to swim a mile in the frigid snake river, jump on an unfamiliar bike to ride 26 miles, and then runs 6.2 miles through the sunny fields. He has set an amazing example. Races became a Daddy daughter bond when I was in High School. Therefore it means a great deal to both of us whenever we get to participate in a race together. I appreciate all his efforts. It was awesome!
A Few Spudman Realizations:
It is much more challenging to train when you have a child (thanks Annie and Kathy for all the babysitting)
Current or no current - swimming is a challenge for me
All bike seats hurt
There is really nothing easy about a triathlon. It feels so good when you cross the finish line though and I am excited to do it again!

5 comments:

Haley and Mitch

You are amazing Laura! I am so impressed that you do this race every year. Good work! And you should totally come for Sunday dinner to help the labor along! (although Dr H is going to induce me on Oct 6th since the last delivery was so difficult)

Kimberly

Way to go Laura! I'm still so impressed! What a fun Dad/Daughter tradition!

The Hansens

Wow Laura that really is a great accomplishment. those pics of you looks like a professional athlete-nicely toned and coordinated! Way to go you are an inspiration!

Erin

Great job!!!

Kelly Evanson

wow! you are amazing. i had no idea you did a triathlon. what a great accomplishment!! rich has done a few and he just hates the swim!! way to go