CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grandma Comes to Town

Among our projects, was making Peyton's window treatment. I don't trust my sewing skills yet, but together my mom and I (well mainly my mom) figured it out. They turned out so cute. I love them. We also made drapes for Taylor and my room, changed the light fixture in the master bedroom, and worked on figuring out our kitchen floor edging.
Grandma (my mom) spontaneously came to visit for a week and I was ever so grateful. We had a wonderful time going out to eat, lounging and chatting, shopping, watching Peyton be cute, and working on projects that I lacked the confidence and abilities to do myself. I am so thankful for my mom's efforts to come out here and for all her help during her visit.
Texas Road House
Peyton was happy to help out with our projects when she was given new entertainment.
The shot on the right is the ultimate rag muffin shot and shows that more often than I would probably like to admit, Peyton is in her sleeper or comfy clothes with hair going every which way for a good portion of the day.
Grandma gave Peyton's birthday gifts to her a little early. In my house growing up your birthday celebrations lasted at least a week and this way my mom was able to see her reactions to the presents. Among the toys and clothes was Peyton's first baby doll and it was a hit. Peyton was and still is very cute with her little baby. She gives it kisses and hugs all the time and smiles any time you or she picks it up. The bottle was kind of funny as Peyton has never taken one, but apparently knows what to do with it.


6 comments:

Parkinson Family

she is too too cute! so fun when moms are around, i get so much more done when my mom heres too :)

Haley and Mitch

She is so coordinated! Ben just barely figured out how to put food in his own mouth let alone food in another baby's mouth!! Go Peyton!!

Erin

I LOVE the picture montage with Peyton and her new baby doll. You can tell that she is trying to figure out all the different ways she can play with the baby. Feed baby, suck on baby's face, suck on bottle...
Anyways, I love her room too. Good job on the sewing!

The Hansens

Happy Birthday to Peyton! Wow I can't believe she is a year old! How fun to have your mom come. Her rooms looks so cute! Peyton so stinkin cute! I love all the pictures of her..but its not enough I need to see her and you guys soon!(Ill be in town the 27th for a shower. Lets get together)

Cheryl

The curtains turned out darling and way to go on the hanging flowers next to them...they match perfectly. I'm glad my wall hanging still qualifies for making it up on her wall. I think the room looks perfect and I love the changes to her name hanging as well. THANKGOODNESS FOR MOM!

Kelly Evanson

what a cute baby girls room!!