
You looking at me?
This picture looks like they are staring each other down, when really they are probably just eye balling the other person's treat.

In light of March Madness and the NCAA tournament, Kim and I decided to get our girls dressed up in THEIR choice of cheering gear for a day. They looked really cute! Any basketball fan knows the huge rivalry between Duke and UNC and any friend of mine knows that my family has and always will be die hard Duke fans. We happen to live across the street from a family who sides with the OTHER team. My Dad in a joking response to these pictures said, "be careful who you let your kids be friends with." Fortunately, we learned growing up to still accept and LOVE people for their weaknesses. This includes a few members who married into my family who didn't exactly mesh with our Duke love either.

She's a pretty darling duke cheerleader!

All I gotta say is who's in the final four this weekend? We don't need to mention where the other team is.
If you have ever really wanted to get a picture of your child, I am sure you have given in to giving them treats to motivate sitting still. Rice krispie treats at the beginning and suckers at the end definitely helped do the trick. Kim gets the credit for introducing Peyton to suckers and she was a STICKY mess, but boy was she HAPPY! We had a fun day and once again are so grateful for fun friends!
6 comments:
Well you have us all laughing (me and mom)! I love the family comments and definitely need Sky to read this...we are all scared to even watch the game with him. GO DUKE and Peyton better cheer hard!!!!
Ah man! Look at those UNC jabs! Probably much deserved ... if the roles (or ranks) were reversed, you know I'd be throwing them out there too!! Funny! Poor UNC ... well, if Duke's cheerleaders were 1/2 as cute as Peyton, I might MIGHT learn to cheer for them ....but for now, we'll stay away from the dark side .... :)
PS. When you're eating your words next year, and finally see the light ... I have a North Carolina outfit that will be just about Peyton's size ... ya know, since Duke is only good once a decade ... :)
Stinking cute!
We miss you guys. Hope all is well.
Love you!
So cute! I love the outfit!
Laura you are so funny!:) and made me laugh reading this! Everett almost applied there, but ran out of time. We're still trying to decide where to go. Did you try sending me those pics by the way?
Post a Comment