
It is crazy to think that it has already been a year since this little girl came into our lives. I enjoyed my walk down memory lane on her birthday remembering every aspect of her delivery and the special day that it was. We are so thankful for our little princess. It has been a wonderful first year as parents. Watching Peyton's every move, every milestone, every funny or sweet thing she does brings so much joy to Taylor and my lives.

The birthday celebrations for Peyton that began when my Mom came to town and continued with friends on her actual day, were finalized with a big birthday party with Taylor's family over the weekend. We are starting young with extending out birthdays and making them extra special. Megan, Tiffany and Brigham traveled from Utah, which was so thoughtful of them. We got together with Taylor's family for a BBQ and let Peyton play on her favorite toy at Nana and Papa's, this little car. She gets so excited whenever she sees it, plays the music on it over and over, puts treasures into its truck, and uses it as a walker.

Still working on the whole walking routine. We didn't quite make that milestone by her birthday, but hopefully it will come soon.

Peyton didn't like the feel of the scratchy grass, so being the smart girl that she is she rested her feet up on the car. It was pretty funny and sweet.

Following the yummy BBQ we went to Taylor and my home for the party filled with gifts, games, and cake of course. Peyton, was a little overwhelmed, but managed to open all her presents. She was spoiled with clothes, books, a fun ball and this little toy hamster that Paul and Kathy found in the Texas airport and couldn't resist.

The hamster, when turned on, crawls in its cage making it role all over the floor. Peyton enjoyed crawling after it, catching it and giving it loves. It is pretty cute!

Peyton's spoiling aunts gave her an outfit to represent her western roots and her eastern roots! I am a little partial to the one on the right. Thanks Megan and Tiffany for the darling and creative gift.

After presents, the family endured a few games that involved bottles and binkies, which resulted in some great laughs, I promised not to post pictures. Following the games we dug into some cake. I made her a milk free cake and she did take a few bites, but she didn't get overly indulge herself or even get messy for that matter. She was pretty dainty about the whole thing. We ended up giving her a graham cracker for her birthday treat. Thanks to Nana and Papa, Taylor's grandparents, and aunts and uncles for loving Peyton so much, for the wonderful gifts, and the fun party.
6 comments:
WOW! That face of her on the truck inside is fantastic! You can feel her enthusiasm even out here! She's so darling La. If it isn't too much trouble I'd love some updated fridge pics!
I cannot believe that she is ONE! Peyton you are such a big girl. Oh gosh, we miss you guys! I can't imagine the day when Livy turns 1. ahh. I'm glad you celebrated so fun for her special day :)
I will deny this if you ever tell Nate ... but that Duke outfit is adorable!! Such a cutie! Looks like she had a good birthday! You're such a good mom!
She is beautiful Laura, happy birthday Peyton!
That dress is darling...I hope mine can live up to these expectations! Looks like you all had a great time. I hope to see pictures of Peyton sporting her new outfit this weekend! Go DUKE!
Oh looks like so much fun! She looks so adorable in her little outfit! What a cutie!
Post a Comment